Teach your kids about handwashing with this easy activity. It will help them understand the importance of handwashing and how to do it correctly.
The most important thing to keep you and your family right now is to wash your hands properly.
Our hands touch multiple surfaces during the day. Then, we rub our eyes or touch our faces using the same dirty hands and make ourselves exposed to germs.
Hence, washing hands regularly with clean water and soap helps in preventing the germs to spread and helps in avoiding sickness.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, life is better with clean hands and we should teach our kids to wash the hands.
They also recommend teaching kids about the 5 easy steps to follow while hand washing:
- Wetting hands with clean water.
- Rubbing soap on your palms, fingers, between fingers and nails to lather.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands with clean running water.
- Always use a clean towel to dry your hands or air dry them.
I came across this easy and simple activity to teach your kids about hand wash here and I totally loved it! Here is my version of recreating this activity with my son:
- White A4 size paper
- A straw or stick
Step by Step Instructions:
1. On the A4 white sheet, trace your kids hand using a black marker.
2. Then, help your kids cut the traced hand using scissors.
3. Then, draw some images of germs and soap using markers and then color them with crayons. Then, help your kid to cut them out.
P.S. I allowed my son use his imagination and asked him to draw how he thinks the germs look like.
4. At last, stick the paper soap to a straw or stick using scotch tape.
5. Then using soap stick, I taught my son how we need to rub soap gently on to our hands for 20 seconds so that all the germs are killed. He went ahead and created his own song too 🙂 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post. Hand washing for kids is the best way to keep them healthy and active!