how to get paid to advertise on your car
Wouldn’t it be great if your car could earn money for you?
No, it’s not about driving people around or deliver goods. In fact, you can make up to $500 extra per month and without driving to one extra place.
All you have to do is use your car to advertise for other companies using car wrap advertising.
It is one of the easiest ways to make money, while you follow your regular daily routine.
Let us find more about how to get paid to advertise on your car and how much can you make advertising on your car!
What is car wrap advertising?
Car wrap companies use your car as a moving billboard.
A traditional billboard can catch the attention of people only in one particular area.
By placing their ads on your car, advertising companies can get a new audience for their product wherever you go.
It is also a more cost-effective and efficient way to advertise.
Car advertising or wrap advertising started in the 1920s when people began putting vinyl decals on their taxis.
Pepsi Co was the first company to use advertising on cars as a method to reach out to people 24/7.
The first world’s first digitally printed vehicle wrap was created for Pepsi Co in 1993. It used vinyl to wrap a bus promoting its Crystal Pepsi product.
Soon bus wrap advertising was everywhere, and the new form of vehicle graphics trickled down to smaller businesses and consumers.
Related posts that you might be interested in:
How much can you get paid to advertise on your car?
How much you get paid to put ads on your car depends on the agency and several other factors. These include –
- What kind of car you drive?
- How much you drive in a day?
- What is the route of your daily commute?
- Does the ad cover the whole car or just a small part of the car?
You can earn between $200 and $1,000 per month to advertise on your car. The average a person can make is around $400.
That’s certainly not a bad deal since you don’t have to put in any extra effort to make this money.
What companies will pay you to advertise on your car?
Carvertise is a famous Delaware based car advertising company. It was founded in 2012 and hire drivers throughout the country.
Carvertise claims to run thousands of marketing campaigns, and it has a network of over half a million drivers. This company offers full and partial wraps. Partial wraps cover both sides and the bumpers. The full wrap includes the whole body of the car except the windows.
You can apply with Carvetise with their easy application process where they
- You must have a 2008 model car or newer
- You should commute at least 30 miles a day
- You should have a clean driving record.
You can earn between $350 to $1500 per campaign
Nickelytics helps you make additional monthly income by showcasing their brands on your car.
You just need to donload their app and sign up for a free account. Then, you need to enter details about yourself, your car and your driving history in the app.
Then, you need to activate the app while you’re driving so that it can gather information about your mileage and routes you drive. This will help them choose the right brand to advertise on your car.
Once you’re approved, Nickelytics schedule the car wrap for your car within 5 to 7 business days.
- Valid driver’s license
- You should own, rent, or lease a car that is 2010 or newer.
- Need to cover a minimum of 30 miles a day
- You’re preferred If you work for rideshare company like Uber, Lyft, Doordash, or Postmates.
Up to $500 per campaign
Wrapify is one of the most popular car wrapping companies in US.
To work with Wrapify, you have to download their app and sign up as a driver by entering your details. then, you need to drive 50 miles by activitating the app to start receiving brand offers.
Once you accept the offer, you need to sign the driver’s agreement and submit the background check. Once you’re approved, you can schedule a time to get the car wrap installed and after installation, you start earning while driving.
If you qualify, you can choose between four options, including light, partial, full wrap, and static rideshare topper.
- Be 21 years or older.
- Use a 2010 vehicle or newer.
- Drive at least 50 miles per day.
- Pass a background check.
Up to $425 per campaign
Sticker Ride is a mobile app that helps you to make money through car advertising.
Just download their app, register your vehicle, and pick a campaign. If you are chosen for the campaign, an operator will call you and send you instructions on how to install the stickers. You need to press start on the app every time you are about to drive.
You will be paid according to the miles, location, and time of your drive.
- Valid driving license
- Your car should fit the campaign requirements
- You should download the Sticker Ride mobile app
The points you earn depend on geography, time, car class, and the chosen stickers. One point is equal to $0.1.
Free Car Media
Free Car Media is another company that pays you for putting ads on rear window of your car or your entire car.
You just need to fill out an online application o Free Car Media website. They will reach out to you if they accept your application to explain the program.
If you accept it, they will send the ad for the rear window with the instructions on how to apply it. You will be able to schedule time with professional if you opt to get your complete car wrapped.
- The owner of car must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to sign 6 months to 1 year contract
- Clean driving history
You can earn from $50 to $400 depending upon the size of campaign
How do I get paid for advertising on car?
Companies that need their advertisement on cars approach people that specialize in car wrapping. These companies are advertising companies and already have a list of drivers who are willing to advertise on cars. This lets you earn up to $500 a week without a job.
If you are keen to get paid to advertise on your car, you must register yourself with such advertising companies. These advertising agencies will ask you some specific details about your vehicle including –
- The kind of car that you drive
- The number of hours that you drive in a day
- The route you usually drive on every day
This information is essential for the advertising agency as they need to know if the ad of their product will actually reach the right consumers. For example, if they want to advertise a new phone or laptop, they will look for people who live and drive around college campuses.
If the advertisement agency accepts you, they will add you to their database and contact you if something matches your profile.
You also don’t have to change anything in your daily routine. The only thing that changes is the look of your car.
What are the primary driver requirements for advertising on cars?
The advertising agencies have to follow specific criteria to choose you for car advertising. These include –
- You must be at least 18 years or older and have a valid driving license.
- You must have a clean driving record.
- You must have car insurance.
- You must agree to keep the advertisement on your car for the entire duration of the contract.
- In some cases, there may be a minimum mileage that you have to drive each week or month.
- You must have a GPS or agree to install one provided by the company so they can track your commutes.
How to identify car wrap advertising scams?
While there a few legitimate companies that pay you to advertise on your car, there are many more that are total scams.
To identify such scam companies, you must follow these rules –
- A genuine company will never contact you out of the blue.
- If a company asks you for money, it is a scam.
- Never accept a car advertising job unless there is a legal contract to join.
- A genuine company will always check the driver’s age if he has a valid driving license, insurance, and no serious traffic violations. If they are not asking for such details, the company is fake.
- The company must have a genuine website, email address, and phone numbers that work.
- Check the reviews of the company online.
Final thoughts on getting paid to advertise on car:
Getting paid to advertise on your car is an easy way to make money. While it won’t make you rich overnight, it can provide you with supplemental income for your fuel and vehicle insurance expenses.
Unfortunately, this way of earning money isn’t without its flaws. Beware of all the scams out there before you commit to any such opportunity. Never join a company that asks you to pay in advance.
You might also be interested in: