Wouldn’t it be great if your car could earn money for you? No, I’m not asking you to drive people around or deliver goods. You can make up to $500 extra per month and not drive to one extra place. All you have to do is use your car to advertise for other companies. Known as car wrap advertising, it is one of the easiest ways to make money, while you follow your regular daily routine. Let us find more about how to get paid to advertise on your car.
Also, checkout this blog post to learn about 16+ ways to earn money online without a job.
What is car wrap advertising?
Car wrap companies use your car as a moving billboard. A traditional billboard can catch the attention of people only in one particular area. By placing their ads on your car, advertising companies can get a new audience for their product wherever you go. It is also a more cost-effective and efficient way to advertise.
History of car advertising
Car advertising or wrap advertising started in the 1920s when people began putting vinyl decals on their taxis. Pepsi Co was the first company to use advertising on cars as a method to reach out to people 24/7.
The first world’s first digitally printed vehicle wrap was created for Pepsi Co in 1993. It used vinyl to wrap a bus promoting its Crystal Pepsi product. Soon bus wrap advertising was everywhere, and the new form of vehicle graphics trickled down to smaller businesses and consumers.
How can you get paid to advertise with your car?
Companies that need their advertisement on cars approach people that specialize in car wrapping. These companies are advertising companies and already have a list of drivers who are willing to advertise on cars.
If you are keen to get paid to advertise on your car, you must register yourself with such advertising companies. These advertising agencies will ask you some specific details about your vehicle including –
- The kind of car that you drive
- The number of hours that you drive in a day
- The route you usually drive on every day
This information is essential for the advertising agency as they need to know if the ad of their product will actually reach the right consumers. For example, if they want to advertise a new phone or laptop, they will look for people who live and drive around college campuses.
If the advertisement agency accepts you, they will add you to their database and contact you if something matches your profile.
You also don’t have to change anything in your daily routine. The only thing that changes is the look of your car.
How much can you get paid to advertise on your car?
How much you get paid to put ads on your car depends on the agency and several other factors. These include –
- What kind of car you drive?
- How much you drive in a day?
- What is the route of your daily commute?
- Does the ad cover the whole car or just a small part of the car?
You can earn between $200 and $1,000 per month to advertise on your car. The average a person can make is around $400. That’s certainly not a bad deal since you don’t have to put in any extra effort to make this money.
What are the primary driver requirements for advertising on cars?
The advertising agencies have to follow specific criteria to choose you for car advertising. These include –
- You must be at least 18 years or older and have a valid driving license.
- You must have a clean driving record.
- You must have car insurance.
- You must agree to keep the advertisement on your car for the entire duration of the contract.
- In some cases, there may be a minimum mileage that you have to drive each week or month.
- You must have a GPS or agree to install one provided by the company so they can track your commutes.
Best companies that pay you to advertise on your car
Carvertise is a famous advertising company that is based out of seven cities and the surrounding areas. These include Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, and Wilmington, Delaware.
Carvertize claims to run thousands of marketing campaigns, and it has a network of over half a million drivers. This company offers full and partial wraps. Partial wraps cover both sides and the bumpers. The full wrap includes the whole body of the car except the windows.
- You must have a 2008 model car or newer
- You should commute at least 30 miles a day
- You should have a clean driving record.
You can earn between $100 and $200 per month.
2. Pay Me For Driving
Pay me for Driving is an affiliate marketing company in St. Louis, MO, that pays individuals to help local companies advertise. If you live in this area, you can fill an online form, and if you are selected, you will be contacted through your email. You can refuse to accept an offer if you are not comfortable with it.
- Must live and work in St. Louis County, St. Louis City, or St. Charles
- You must own a car and drive it regularly, and report a change in driving habits
- You should be at least 18 years or older
- You should have no serious traffic violations or criminal record
- Your vehicle should be clean and damage-free, and you need to repair it if damage should occur
Nickelytics has an expansive fleet of drivers that cover at least 30 miles per day in eight major markets, including Tampa, St Petersburg, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Naples in Florida, and Denver (Colorado), New Orleans (Louisiana), and Portland (Maine).
The company provides three different wrap options: Back windshield, light wrap, and full wrap. The light wrap includes only doors, whereas the full wrap covers the entire body plus the rear window.
- Valid driver’s license
- You should own, rent, or lease a car that is 2010 or newer.
- Need to cover a minimum of 30 miles a day
- You should work for a qualifying rideshare company like Uber, Lyft, Doordash, or Postmates.
Up to $500 per month
Wrapify operates all across the country. You can download their app and apply for this job. If you qualify, you can choose between four options, including light, partial, full wrap, and static rideshare topper.
- Be 21 years or older.
- Use a 2010 vehicle or newer.
- Drive at least 50 miles per day.
- Pass a background check.
Up to $425 per month
5. Car Bucks
Car Bucks connects drivers with clients who are interested in advertising on cars. This company runs their campaigns for three, six, or 12 months. If you can get paid to advertise on your car, you can apply here and keep renewing your agreement after every campaign.
Car Bucks pays you according to the distance you commute. They take your average and compute your monthly rate.
- Valid driving license
- You should agree to download the Car Bucks mileage tracking app
- Refrain from aggressive and illegal driving behavior
You can earn $1 per commuting hour per banner.
6. Sticker Ride
Sticker Ride is a mobile app that helps you to make money through car advertising. Just download their app, register your vehicle, and pick a campaign. If you are chosen for the campaign, an operator will call you and send you instructions on how to install the stickers. You need to press start on the app every time you are about to drive. You will be paid according to the miles, location, and time of your drive.
- Valid driving license
- Your car should fit the campaign requirements
- You should download the Sticker Ride mobile app
The points you earn depend on geography, time, car class, and the chosen stickers. One point is equal to $0.1.
How to identify car wrap advertising scams?
While there a few legitimate companies that pay you to advertise on your car, there are many more that are total scams. To identify such scam companies, you must follow these rules –
- A genuine company will never contact you out of the blue.
- If a company asks you for money, it is a scam.
- Never accept a car advertising job unless there is a legal contract to join.
- A genuine company will always check the driver’s age if he has a valid driving license, insurance, and no serious traffic violations. If they are not asking for such details, the company is fake.
- The company must have a genuine website, email address, and phone numbers that work.
- Check the reviews of the company online.
Getting paid to advertise on your car is an easy way to make money. While it won’t make you rich overnight, it can provide you with supplemental income for your fuel and vehicle insurance expenses. Unfortunately, this way of earning money isn’t without its flaws. Beware of all the scams out there before you commit to any such opportunity. Never join a company that asks you to pay in advance.